Thursday, July 25, 2013

Laughter IS the best medicine

You know when you have one of those days...
Nothing goes right, you're just trying to hold on by a thread, and your best solution is to crawl into a cave and never come out...

It all becomes a little more complicated when you have child... the whole crawling into a cave thing really isn't an option anymore (not mentally or physically)... So you have to find other coping methods that allow you to still take care of your child and keep them safe. 

This happened to me the other night. I have had the whirlwind of my life the past three weeks as I moved across the country with an 11 month old TODDLER. He has adjusted pretty well, but he has been a bit more clingy. Completely understandable as he is now in a very foreign place with some very special people missing from his everyday life. This one particular night Myles was all over me and I couldn't get a break. I had a huge glass of orange juice and was about to let him have a drink when he decided to grab the glass. Of course it spilled all over the white carpet. Now I know this was not his fault and I wasn't upset with him, I was just irritated that it happened and really did not want to clean it up.

I know this probably sounds silly, but if you're a SAHM, I'm sure you know the feeling sometimes. Now what I really wanted to do at that moment was crawl into the cave, but realistically that is not possible for me. So here's where your other coping methods come into play. If someone else can watch your kid, go take a 15 minute break. If you don't have that option, this is what I suggest:

Make your child laugh.. Most parents know their child's go to laughter agent. Whatever that may be for them, DO IT. Nothing is better than hearing your baby laugh. It pretty much cures everything. It truly is the best medicine! 

Now go on... make them laugh.. I promise you'll instantly feel better.. 

This even works if you aren't around your kids (like at work) and are annoyed/irritated... record one of their best laughs and watch it whenever you need to.

Currently, I can't stop watching these:




2 comments :

  1. I'm a stay at home mom also and I feel the same! Sometimes you just need to get away and it's really impossible!! Hearing my little boy laugh though for real can turn my day around! Love it!! So glad you linked up today, I had so much fun guest hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. 春藥哪裡買

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!