Saturday, August 3, 2013

Breastfeeding Awareness: #1 Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

I'm a little late, but it's still going strong so Happy World Breastfeeding Week!
 


And just for your viewing pleasure, a little glimpse into the life of a breastfeeding toddler:

"Oh hey, I'm just hanging out; having a great day with my mom."


"Oh wait, my mom... that just made me remember something.."


"I WANT milk... No, I NEED milk... NOW mom!!"

 
"Oh thank goodness... Yummy, mommy milk is the greatest!"


"Oh man, I didn't think I was going to make it... but all is right in the world again. Thanks mom!" 

  

"Now I can go back to being the goofy little man that I am... That is until the next time I need some comfort... in approximately... 5..4..3..2.."

"Mommy!"
 


Stay tuned for my next post in this series on the Tips, Tricks, and Tools of breastfeeding!




8 comments :

  1. HAHA! Seriously my daughter is 8 months and every time she even see's me she remembers lol. Found you through the blog hop and I'm your newest follower. :) Heather @http://weareadifferentkindofwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi heather! I am now your newest follower as well! So nice to meet a fellow breastfeeder. Our babies are so silly!

      Delete
  2. I love it! I just sat for my boards to be an IBCLC so I love seeing happy, healthy breastfed kiddos. Our #8 is due in January and I know it's likely he will be the last one I have... I have no intention of weaning him until he absolutely insists on it! (Elisabeth from http://plantinggodlyseeds.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's so awesome! I really want to become a lactation consultant. I have a degree in history and teaching, but I have a new found passion for breastfeeding. Did you take courses somewhere? I would love to learn more about your experience!

      Delete
  3. I breastfed my oldest until he was almost three and I think that is one of the biggest reasons he is hardly ever sick. It was such a special time, I cherish the memories so much. Good for you to post on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome you went until he was 3! That takes such a huge commitment and I'm sure he is super healthy bc of it! Thank you for the encouragement :)

      Delete
  4. Love it! That is my 16 month old to a tee. He literally hops on and off all day just for comfort. I can feel when he is actually wanting to nurse to eat. He seems to nurse a lot at night while we are asleep (we co-sleep) and he's been waking up with soaking wet diapers too! Thanks for linking up with us at Mommy Monday. I'll hope you'll come back and join us next week! :)

    XoXo,
    Brittnei
    http://homemakingwithstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nursing a toddler takes breastfeeding to a whole new level... I tell Myles he's working on his "gymnurstics" I will definitely be back and I would love to co-host sometime too!

      Delete

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!