Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tunesday Tuesday: Wedding Song & My Motivation

 Well ladies and gents, it is that time again: Tunesday Tuesday is upon us. I know I have been MIA since the first couple weeks, but the holidays meant vacation for me! Then, Myles got sick, then I got the flu, and once we came back home after 3 weeks away, it was crazy trying to settle back in... Now we are finally getting back to our normal and here I am linking up with The Patchwork Paisley, Drinking the Whole Bottle, Momma Candy, and MrsTeeLoveLifeLaughter to talk about music!

The Patchwork Paisley


This Week's Theme: "Your Wedding Song"

If you know me, you probably know that I am not married. So naturally, I do not have a wedding song. I also don't plan on ever getting married, so I don't have a future wedding song either. What I do have, though, is my favorite love song of all time:

Dave Barnes "God Gave Me You"


I'm going to venture to say that you don't know Dave Barnes... Totally understandable because he's not super mainstream. I kind of like it that way; he's like my little, musical secret. Although I would not consider myself a romantic or lovey person, I LOVE me a good love song. I mean my favorite musical genre has been R&B since I was like 8. I wouldn't put Dave Barnes in the R&B category, but he writes the best love songs in the history of music.. No Joke... When I was trying to find this video on YouTube, I noticed Blake Shelton also sings this song... but let's be real... this is a Dave Barnes original people! I like Blake Shelton as a person (very personable and funny), but I don't think he can sing and I am not impressed with his cover. I love Dave's voice; it is soo soothing, especially with just his guitar. I could honestly listen to him all day long. My mom knows this first hand. During the epic driving adventure we embarked on from Texas to Illinois one year, I made her listen to a 4-song Dave Barnes CD on repeat 75% of the way home. A friend gave me the CD he burned for camp because I could not live without Dave Barnes another minute of my life! I have since seen him play twice (should be more) and actually got to meet him once!

Anywho, out of all of his beautifully written songs, I think this would be the best wedding song. If you like this one, go check out some of his other stuff. 

 And just because I love him that much, I want to share another one of his gems. This is a little lot late, but..

Week 6 Theme: "Your Motivation"

Dave Barnes "Carry Me Through"


Really needs no explanation :)

I hope you enjoyed!
What songs would you pick for these themes?

9 comments :

  1. "My little musical secret," I love having those! And I think it's cute you've been an R&B girl since you were 8! You must have been one deep kid, love songs are a serious business

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this David Barnes! Love his voice and he's such a cutie to boot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodJanuary 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM

    What a beautiful song with wonerful lyrics...definitely worth checking out some of his other songs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of him before. Absolutely awesome song! Great pick! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by as usual! He's not a very mainstream artist, but he could be! Glad you like the song :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're into love songs, definitely check him out, you won't be disappointed I promise! It's very soothing music; good for bubble bath and wine night :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think he is so cute too! I 'm glad I am not the only one :) Thanks for hosting; I love this link up. I never realized how challenging it would be to find that one perfect song for each week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny because I am so not the romantic type, but R&B is my favorite music... Not sure how that works..lol I can remember singing my heart out to SWV when I was 8 or 9! I think I like it so much because it's real emotion set to good beats :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like both of these. the video with the kids... that's a cry-er. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!