Tuesday, October 21, 2014

{Fall Family Bucket List}: Pumpkin Patch vol. 2

So by the title of this post it may be concluded that I have a problem... and normally I would try to justify this problem with some sort of excuse about how our first pumpkin patch was in Illinois so I had to go to another patch out here in California, but let's be real here people.. I have a thing for pumpkin patches and I also have a Type-A thing that makes me have to check out every single patch, museum, festival, park, etc. in existence. So here I am today sharing with you guys our second pumpkin patch experience (first in California). And if I am being completely forthcoming, I have even since taken Myles to a third pumpkin patch! I'll spare you a third post though and just get to this one! I am also linking up again with two of my favorite blogging buddies: Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason and Desiree from Macke Monologues for their Fall Family Bucket List.

All in all, this patch was pretty cool as far as activities goes... but we didn't have that great of an experience because of the weather. It was just so dang hot, and while Myles seemed to not be bothered by it, I was miserable. Thinking that it was finally starting to cool down a bit, I dressed us both in pants and t-shirts. The weather here is so different than what I am used to so I am always dressing wrong. It will be a cool and cloudy 60 degrees in the morning and then by noon it's clear skies and blazing hot. I haven't figured it out yet, so it was my mommy fail on this one!  Shorts would have made the trip a lot more enjoyable, but we hung in there and did the best we could.

Straw maze: I was super surprised that Myles spent tons of time in this maze. I didn't think he would even walk through it, but he was running around, crawling through holes like a regular farm boy!

I'm not really sure why, but they had a reptile show going on in the barn that day. There were tables lined with snakes, spiders, scorpions, and other creepy crawlers.

Myles touched this snake a couple of times. At first he touched the tail and I missed the picture so I asked him to touch it again. Then he reached for its head (this picture was taken right between him touching the tail and then going for the head), the lady jerked back, and Myles got a little freaked out. I guess she wasn't expected that as most people know not to go for the head, but Myles really had no idea and was scared by her reaction. After that he was done with the snakes.

They also had some aquatic life to touch like this sea star. I love that Myles is so willing to touch things, check them out, and not be scared. It makes everything much more interesting and fun.

They had a little area with animals that we checked out (really dirty though) and tons of crafts that we bypassed. We did grab a really good lemonade though before we headed to the hayride out to the pumpkin patch.  
View on the hayride:

While on the wagon, I asked Myles if he wanted to hold my hand, greatest feeling in the world right there:

And then we finally made it to the patch!

He found a ladybug on one of the pumpkins:

He searched for a while and finally found the perfect pumpkin...

... coming to show me the winner...

Slightly deformed, still partly green, and rotted out... but it was perfect!


Have you spent the day at the pumpkin patch yet?





7 comments :

  1. I can't wait to go to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesOctober 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM

    Hilarious that you've been to three pumpkin patches this year! I was one and done after our experience earlier. Your second patch looks like fun, even though the weather here has yet to figure out it is, indeed, fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys had a great trip! I have been seeing all your pictures on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week was killer in the 80s but feeling like the 100s! But finally at the end of this week it has started to cool off. 70s and a light breeze, it is so amazing! Even rained today which I don't think I have seen since moving here 3 months ago! I should have waited to go this weekend, but we were free then and I didn't want to end up missing out entirely. I'm hoping it is nice weather for actual Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun you guys went to another pumpkin patch! In a way, I totally want to go back. Our first experience was super fun but not quite what I expected so I kinda wanna have a re-do. Maybe we can go shop the pumpkins after Halloween and see if we can get a deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about that the other day when I drove past another pumpkin patch.. what do they do with all the pumpkins after Halloween!?! I know people use them throughout Fall but I think they mostly close after Halloween. Our grocery store had everything gone this morning already! It's always hit or miss with these toddlers.. you never know what they are going to be like when you have plans to go some place! Definitely go back!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!