Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy {recipe}

This is my first recipe post. I wasn't planning on doing anything food related on here, but it is becoming a new interest of mine. Since Myles has started eating table food, I have had to step my cooking game up. Walking distance from our house is a local market called Fresh & Easy and I LOVE it. It has all organic foods, including grass fed meats, hormone/antibiotic free produce and dairy, and amazing prices! Not only is it better for you, it tastes so much better as well! So I will from time to time share some meals we are loving around our house!

Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy Recipe



  • What You Will Need

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 pork chops
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 (6 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell's®)
  • 1 soup can of water
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the olive oil is heating, sprinkle pork chops with garlic salt and black pepper. Place the pork chops in the hot oil and fry until browned on the outside; about 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove pork chops and place them on a plate. 
  2. Using the same skillet, pour the other tablespoon of olive oil in and heat. Add the mushrooms and stir until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes. Pour cream of mushroom soup and water into skillet and mix with the mushrooms.
  3. Place the pork chops back into the mushroom sauce, spooning sauce over chops. Cook on medium until the pork chops are fully cooked; flipping chops every couple of minutes and spooning more sauce over chops as they cook, about 10 to 15 minutes.
I served this over brown rice and added corn on the cob as a side. 
I cook the corn in the oven individually wrapped in aluminum foil; 350 degrees for about 30 minutes

And of course this is a Myles approved dinner!
He loves his corn on the cob :)




What recipes are you loving lately? I always need new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!