Sunday, July 13, 2014

Myles Monthly: 16

As you may know, I didn't decide to start my blog until my son Myles was about 8 months old. And well... now he is 22 months old! I'm still trying to get caught up with the monthly updates and monthly favorites, so I can get, and hopefully stay, up to date. 

 November 15th- December 14th, 2013


Health
Growing, learning, and reaching new milestones by the day. He got two more teeth this month. His teeth have always come in two or more at a time. With the addition of two more bottom ones, he now had 8 teeth (4 middle on top and 4 middle on bottom). I now that I am super biased here, but his cuteness level just gets higher and higher every month. He has the perfect olive skin tone and those eyelashes! 
 


Still no hair cut, although by this time I actually started entertaining the idea. It was getting scraggly and hard to manage. Looking back on these pictures, he had a definite mullet going on too. I just did not want him to lose those curls. 

Eating
Really no changes since last month's update. Same favorites, and still trying some new things here and there.  

  Sleeping 
Really just the same as last month's update as well. Sleeping times vary, but usually within a half an hour. Bed from 9-7am and nap from 1pm-3/4pm. Loves morning and nap time snuggles, but on the go every other minute of the day!


Saying
He starting saying a lot of new words this month (consistently). I was beginning to get concerned about his lack of talking, but this month was a word explosion!

Duck, block, Mickey Mouse (Mitey), Elmo (memo), and book

"Boo" when you play peek-a-boo with him
"Muah" when he kisses you (you can hear it in the video below)
"EIEI" when he wants you to read his Barney farm songs book

Outings
  • We took Myles to his first movie, and it was at the outdoor theater. We went to see Frozen. I loved the outdoor theater when I was younger, so I really wanted to introduce it to Myles. So when I found out they had one only 25 minutes from us, I had take the family! He wasn't into watching shows or movies yet, but I thought we would give it a try since we would just be in the car and he could move around all he wanted. He ate some popcorn and pretended to drive the whole time; totally not interested in the movie, but it was still successful. I definitely want to keep taking him back!
  • This is a bit silly, but Myles got to see his first car wash. I always thought it was so cool to watch the cars go through the wash when I was younger, so I figured Myles would love it too. I'm sure the older he gets the more he will like it as well.
  • Towards the end of this month, we started celebrating Christmas. Last year, Christmas wasn't really what I wanted it to be. We had just moved and I was still miserable, trying to survive on no sleep, on top of battling PPD. Needless to say, we didn't really celebrate as I would have wished for Myles' 1st Christmas. So I decided that I would consider this year his real first Christmas and I was going to do as many festive things as possible. The first thing we did was go on a holiday lights tour on a Classic Cable Car in downtown San Fransisco! I love touristy stuff like that and it was everything I wanted it to be. I so want to make it a Christmas tradition that we do every year! It started in Union Square and then toured the city, stopping once at the Fairmont Hotel. Here are some highlights and if you want to see more check out my Holiday Festivities 2013 post.   
Myles "Ooo" and "Aww"-ed over all the lights and balls!

 Myles got to ring the bell!

This was the ginger bread house at the Fairmont Hotel. It was two-stories and made out of graham crackers with candy cane and frosting decor! Myles was most fascinated by the train inside!

Milestones/Skills
  • This month we celebrated Thanksgiving! We had a very chilled out day watching the parade and then going to Mark's aunt's for dinner.

  • Myles painted for the first time! I knew he would love making a mess with paints so I bought these washable paints and put him in the shower to have at it! He had tons of fun and I even got in on the action! Lucky for me, the paints really are washable and clean-up was a breeze since we were already in the shower!

  • Since this was our real first Christmas, we had to go all out with lots of festive jammies! We even participated in a Christmas pajama party! Here are a few of the shots I got:
  • He started throwing away garbage. He has always had a weird infatuation with the garbage, so I have had to keep it under the sink with a lock on the cabinet. I guess he would watch us throw away stuff down there because then he started taking garbage over to the cabinet wanting to throw it away.
Funnies and Favorites
  • He started getting to know our sleep routine and would get in the bed and lay down when he was ready to nurse and sleep.
  • Kids and boxes.... cliche but oh so true!

  •  He was starting to become more self aware. I took this video with the screen towards him and this is what he did:









What are new skills your kid(s) are learning?
 
Come back to check out my favorites from months fifteen & sixteen!

2 comments :

  1. I seriously LOOOOOOOVE how messy you let Myles get! His first painting experience? EPIC. He has never been much of an eater huh!? I love your new xmas tradition and I love that you went out and had a great time to make up for the year before! Heck yes! HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BEAUTIFUL THING! <3<3<3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so did not even see this comment before! Thanks a ton for the birthday wishes! Hope your hubby's was a good one too! I hope to make a lot of holiday traditions. We don't have any strong ethic or cultural backgrounds so I want to make up traditions we have every year. I think that makes it more special and something that he will always look forward too. And girl you know we love our messy play! I am such a fun of mess. I just figure everything I loved as a kid, Myles will too... maybe I am wrong, but at least I am able to relive my childhood!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!