Homemade Steak n Shake Chili Mac
What You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans chili beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- salt to tasteChili Mac SauceI cup ketchup3 tablespoons brown sugar3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce1 box of spaghetti noodlesParmesan cheese to topDirectionsChili
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown; drain.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.Chili Mac sauce
- Next make the chili mac sauce.
- In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place in refrigerator until chili is ready.
- When the chili has about 20 minutes left, cook the spaghetti noodles. Cook according to package.
- Drain noodles.
- Assemble the Chili Mac; place one scoop of noodles onto your plate/bowl, next add 1-2 tablespoons of sauce (depending on taste preference), then place chili on top, and lastly top with Parmesan cheese.