Chili Pasta Bake
12 oz uncooked spaghetti noodlesWhat You Will Need
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground turkey
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained
2 cans chili beans, drained
1/2 medium onion, chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch ground allspice
salt to taste
8 oz Mexican blend shredded cheese
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown; drain.
2. Add the cooked turkey, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili beans, onion, and mushrooms in your crock pot. Mix together and season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
3. Cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.4. When the chili has about 20 minutes left, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Also cook the spaghetti according to the package.
5. Once the spaghetti is done cooking and drained, evenly lay it evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish. Pour chili evenly over the spaghetti and top with cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
And if you really love the combo of chili and spaghetti, check out my Homemade Steak n Shake Chili Mac recipe!