Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Trendy Tot Tuesday: Elbow Patches

It's time again for my feeble attempt at a fashion post. Luckily for you all, it revolves around my son and not me! So even if it's not really fashionable at all, at least you get to see cute pictures of him. So here goes my link-up for Trendy Tot Tuesday with the lovely Kelly at Modern Camelot and Megan at Table for Three!

I love dressing my little guy. Most of the time it involves sweats or worn-in jeans and a t-shirt, but occasionally I get to dress this cutie up in his Sunday's Best. My favorite items come from the "old man style" trend. Is it wrong that I insist on him looking like he is 2 going on 65? I know the days of dressing him my way are limited, so I have to seize the opportunity while it lasts! Are you with me? The suspenders are still my favorite piece from this trend, but the elbow patches come in at a close second. 
Here is my little guy sporting his leather elbow patched cardigan (these are some of my best attempts at photo shoot... So props to all you child photographers; it is a task and a half):

 Cardigan: Old Navy (similar) | Pants: Carter's | Shoes: Cherokee

He also wore the cardigan for our Winter Family Photos taken back in December. Below are some outtakes and ones just of Myles. The rest can be seen here. 
These were from our winter family photos check out the rest here.

Cardigan: Old Navy (similar) | Jeans: Kangaroo | Shoes: Cherokee (similar)


What's your favorite tot trend these days?

11 comments :

  1. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesApril 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM

    Elbow patches - my weakness! If we can't have tulle and dresses give me elbow patches every day of the week!
    I'm totally with you - I dress my kid in the style that I love. I know these days aren't going to last. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love elbow patches! SO CUTE! Totally bought Mason a shirt the other day just because it had elbow patches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an old person at heart, and one day I'll actually be an old person so that's kind of crazy. Myles is super stylish! I love elbow patches and sometimes, i get a little sad that things I love become super trendy. Cant we just keep these cute outfits for ourselves? Downside is that I wouldnt be able to buy it if no one made it- so psh. FINE! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! What a little cutie (and that outfit is pretty awesome, too)! I love elbow patches and suspenders, too, but don't have any of the latter for my son. I also love grandpa sweaters and have been meaning to knit one for about a year, and finally ended up buying one in the winter as my homemade one consisted of only the neck/shoulder area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some elbow patches too! I even have a sweater with them! There are some girl styles I like, but for the most part, I love boy clothes. It is so easy to get him dressed and I don't feel bad that he isn't dressed up all the time. I mean he is a boy, he gets dirty all the time, right?!? I figure eventually he is going to be picking out his own clothes and fighting with me about it, so I should make him look however I want while I can! He usually looks more put together than me on most days anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old man styles are literally the best on little boys! He only has that one sweater but I wish he had more! I think once he gets into 2T I will buy him more nice things since he will wear it for longer. It's hard keeping some of his clothes nice though, he likes to get messy. Thankfully it is getting warm again so he can just run around in a diaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could knit, a grandpa sweater would be so cute! I love all old man styles for little boys! I don't know why but making them look old when they are little is so cute! LOL the things we do to our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, yea. There's just something so adorable about old man clothes on a tiny human. My husband scolded me and said I treat our son like a dress up doll, but if he has such cute clothes, he might as well wear them!


    And I'm not sure if I can knit a grandpa sweater! Haha, it requires far more skill than the blankets and multiple scarves I have knitted in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cardigan is too stink cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Garage sale! I'm a second-hand clothes kind of mom! He grows so fast, I don't see the point in buying new. We save the money for other things for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. April @ 100lbcountdownApril 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM

    So very cute. That's a great idea. Yes, having him look like he's 65 is cool. He's before his time! Thanks for linking up with Countdown in Style.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE that you are taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I always comment back either through email or as a reply on your comment :) Thanks for coming by!